Ch. 4- The American Revolution
- John Adams - Paul Revere
- Ben Franklin - Sam Adams
- John Hancock - Caesar Rodney
- Thomas Paine - George Washington
- Captain Preston - Thomas Jefferson
Ch. 4, Sect. 1- The French and Indian War
-Who fought in the French and Indian War? Who won? Why did it occur?
-Why was Ben Franklin’s Albany Plan of Union significant even though it didn’t pass?
-What was capturing Fort Duquesne important?
-What was decided at the 1763 Treaty of Paris (end of French and Indian War)?
Ch. 4, Sect. 2- Issues Behind the Revolution
- What was the Proclamation of 1763? Was it followed?
- Why did Britain impose new taxes on the colonies?
- What were the taxes placed on the colonists?
- Who were the Sons of Liberty? Who was the leader?
- What is meant by the term, “No taxation without representation?”
- What happened at the 1770 Boston Massacre?
- What was the Boston Tea Party?
- Identify the punishments of the Intolerable Acts.
- What was decided at the First Continental Congress?
- Why were the battles at Lexington and Concord significant?
Ch. 4, Sect. 3- Ideas Behind the Revolution
- What was Common Sense?
- Identify the Olive Branch Petition
- What was the Declaration of Independence?
- Identify the 4 parts of the declaration
- Who was the author?
- Who was the first to sign it?
- On what date was the Declaration of Independence official?
Ch. 4, Sect 4- Fighting For Independence
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of both the British and colonial armies
- Battles of Trenton and Princeton
- Why was the Battle of Saratoga important?
Ch. 4, Sect. 5- Winning Independence
- The British surrendered at which battle?
- What did the 1783 Treaty of Paris conclude?
- Identify the impact of the American Revolution
John Adams- Part 1: Join or Die
John Adams- Part 2: Independence
Join or Die- political cartoon
Time-line: Be able to put the following events in order. Include the year of the event.
1st Continental Congress;Boston Massacre;Treaty of Paris (end Rev War) Dec of Ind; Lexington&Concord