Now, let's look at several current political cartoons from the week of February 21st, 2011. Like Thomas Nast's progressive cartoons, all of the cartoons below have a purpose. Every symbol is purposefully included and every word and character has a meaning.
You must CHOOSE ONE of the following cartoons to analyze. Answer the following questions in complete sentences.
1. Identify the objects or people you see in the cartoon. 1-2 SENTENCES.
2. Identify the cartoon caption and/or title. 1 SENTENCE
3. Identify any symbols and their meaning. 2-3 SENTENCES.
4. Describe the action taking place. 3+ SENTENCES.
5. What is the background information of this cartoon? You must do some research in the news to answer this question. This should be at least 7-8 SENTENCES.
6. Explain the message of the cartoon. 3 SENTENCES.