Monday, September 22, 2008
Seniors-Heredity and the Environment
Seniors, welcome to Livin’ In the Future. We are going to take a closer look at characteristics influenced by heredity and the environment, specifically intelligence, personality, schizophrenia, and autism. For this class assignment you should refer to text pages 68-70. If you cannot find some of the information in the text, then use the internet to search. I encourage you to work with a partner.
You will be responsible for the following information on your chapter 3 test, which will be some time next week.
How to Respond:
To answer the following questions, first scroll down to your class color. Click on the comments link in the bottom right corner. Type your answers in the text box. Be sure to re-type the heading (ex: Intelligence) and number your answers. For your identity, choose the name/URL option. Put your first names and last initials into the name slot. Leave the URL slot blank. Be sure to click on PUBLISH when finished.
-Ch. 3 reading quiz #2- Thursday – pgs. 57-64
-Article reports due Friday. The requirements are on this blog, too. Just scroll
Characteristics influenced by heredity and the environment
1. Explain the hereditary AND environmental influences on personality.
1. What is it?
2. List several risk factors of schizophrenia. In other words, who is more at risk?
3. What are some possible causes?
4. What is the contribution of genetics (percentage)?
1. What is it?
2. What is the rate of occurrence?
3. Which gender does it affect the most?
4. What are the symptoms of autism?
5. What is the genetic contribution?
Intelligence and School Achievement
1. What have adoption studies proven?
2. What have twin studies proven?
3. What is the measured genetic influence on intelligence?