1. In the 500th anniversary people of Indigemous and Africans descent idenified Columbus with imperialism2. New food, invierment changed, death and diseases, and inslavement.3. Didease against which Indaian people had no natural immunities caaused the greatest mass deaths in human history. within a century of contact, smallpox, measles, mumps, and whooping cough had reduced the Indigenous population by 50 to 90 percent.4. It changed the perception of traditional constraints of civilized life, such as privated property and family bonds.
1. The five hundredth anniversary of Columbus' discovery was treated differently than the four hundredth because African descent identified Columbus with imperialism, colonialism, and conquest and they remembered October 12th as a day of mourning for millions of indigenous people who died as a result of European colonization.2. Some results of the two worlds meeting were new foods reshaped the diets of people in both hemispheres.The introduction of the horse encouraged many farming peoples to become hunters and herders.3. Diseases against which Indian peoples had no natural immunities caused the greatest mass deaths in human history. Within a century of contact, smallpox, measles, mumps, and whooping cough had reduced indigenous populations by 50 to 90 percent. From Peru to Canada, disease reduced the resistance that Native Americans were able to offer to European intruders.4. To many Europeans, the New World seemed to be a place of innocence, freedom, and eternal youth. Columbus himself believed that he had landed near the Biblical Garden of Eden. The perception of the New World as an environment free from the corruptions and injustices of European life would provide a vantage point for criticizing all social evils. So while the collision of three worlds resulted in death and enslavement in unprecedented numbers, it also encouraged visions of a more perfect future.
1. In the 500th anniversary many poeple of Indigenous and African descent idenified Columbus with iperialism.2. New food, envirment changed, death and diseases inslavement.3. Diseases against which Indian poeple had no natural immunites caused the greatest mass death in human history. Within a century of contact, smallpoks, measles, mumps, and whooping cough had reduced indigenous population by 50 to 90 percent.4. It changed the perception of traditional constraints of civilized life, such as privated property and family bonds.
1. People started having differant sided opinions. By saying stuff that he did that was bad, giving him the blame. 2. New food,hunting styles.3. Disease destored 90% of the population.4. Development of the modern concept of progress.
1. "Many peoples of indigenous and African descent identified Columbus with imperialism, colonialism, and conquest."2. "New foods reshaped the diets of people in both hemispheres. Tomatoes, chocolate, potatoes, corn, green beans, peanuts, vanilla, pineapple, and turkey transformed the European diet, while Europeans introduced sugar, cattle, pigs, cloves, ginger, cardamon, and almonds to the Americas."3. "Diseases against which Indian peoples had no natural immunities caused the greatest mass deaths in human history. Within a century of contact, smallpox, measles, mumps, and whooping cough had reduced indigenous populations by 50 to 90 percent. From Peru to Canada, disease reduced the resistance that Native Americans were able to offer to European intruders." 4. It contributed to the development of the modern concept of progress. Which made the stepping stones of improvment for life.
1. The 500th anniversary of Columbus' discovery treated differently than the 400th anniversary because the people of African and idigenous descents related Columbus with imperialism, colonialism, and conquest.2. Some results of the meeting of two worlds were the new foods such as tomatoes, chocolate, corn, potatoes, green beans, vanilla, pineapple, and turkey changed the diets of the Europeans. The Americans diet changed with food such as sugar, cattle, pigs, cloves, ginger, and almonds.3. The impact of European diseases on the Native Americans was 50- 90% of the population died because of smallpox, measles, mumps,and whooping cough.4. Columbus' discovery contributed to the modern concept of progress by encouraging people about a more perfect future.
1. The four hundredth anniversary of Christopher Columbus’s discovery he was known as a man of mythic stature, an explorer and discoverer who carried Christian civilization across the Atlantic Ocean. The five hundredth anniversary of Columbus he was identified with imperialism, colonialism, and conquest. 2. When they came together they found out about new foods and crops. Although one of the bad thing was the diseases that they brought with them that only the Europeans were immune to. 3. The diseases reduced the number of native Americans from 50-90% making the Europeans be able to gain control and power.4. To many Europeans when they went to the new world it was a place of innocence and freedom. The Indians also seemed to live free as the Europeans did thing in order and different ways
1. The 500th celebration of Columbus was about the millions of people that died as a result to European colonization.2. A result of the two worlds meeting is new food, Natural environment was changed, horses, cattle, etc.3.Diseases against which Indian peoples had no natural immunities caused the greatest mass deaths in human history.4. While the collision of three worlds resulted in death and enslavement in unprecedented numbers, it also encouraged visions of a more perfect future.
1.in the 400th aniversuary, the people were very optimistic & thought of him as "mythic", but in the 500th aniversuary, the people reanalyzed the situation & decided that it was a terrible thing what he did. We now have a day to remember those soldiers who died because of the pessimists of 1992.2.Some results of the adventure was:new fooddeath & diseasetransformationinternational trademodern conception of progress3.Because the native americans had only the antibodies from their diseases in their country, when the europeans came over they also brought forign antibodies which the native americans weren't ammune to which made them very ill & eventually die.4.People back in immigration time thought that going to the americas would give them the perfect oppertunity to live the "perfect life", as though they didn't know it would be so bad & horriffic. They thought that they were moving torward a better future for their family.
1. The 500th anniversery of Columbus' discovery was treated differently then the 400th anniversery was because people starting speculating weather Columbus should be remebered as a man who discovered an unkown world or as a man who should be remembered as bringing dieases and controversity to helpless people.2. Some of the results of the new worlds were new crops such as green beans, vanilla, and pineapple. Also, The enviorment changed a lot cattle and goats became a good source of food. They could also use horses to fight and to hunt for food with.3.Diease killed many indians and natives because they were not immuned to small pox and other dieases the Europeans brought over.4. Columbus' discovery contributed to the modern concept of progress because although many negitive events happened there can also be a lot of positive events that happen. Without Columbus' discovery none of us would be where we are today.
1. The 500th anniversary was diffrent from the 400th was becomes Africans and Indanins started to say Columbus stared an holocaust.2. New foods in other crounties, new animals that helped the Native American hunt better.3.The diseases caused 50-90% of all Native Americans to die in the first year of contack. Since the Native American were not use to the diseases there bodys did not know how to protect them from it.4. Conties used it to emphasize the unchanging and new ideas about the human society.
1. The 500th anniversary identified Columbus with imperialism, colonialism, and conquest. the 400th anniversarycelebrates Columbus as a man of mythic statue, an explorer and a discoverer.2. Some of the results of the two worlds were new foods, tobacco, and trade.3. Disease brought by the Europeans had reduced the indigenous population by 50 to 90 percent.4.Columbus' discovery contributed to the developent of the modern concept of progress by encourging people to go to a more perfect world.
1.The 500th aneversity of Columbus' discovery was treated very diffrent form the 400th. In the 500th aveversity people associated colubus with "imperalism, colonialism, and conquest." While in the 400th anevesity columbus was seen as a great discoverer who discovered the "New World" and brought two new worls together.2. Some or the resuts of meeting the two worls were that columbus brought many disease's to the new world. Secondley it introdused new foods such as, tamatoe's, chocolate, corn & many more. It also introdused Ataltic slave trade. And finaly disrupt to the American economy came too.3. The impact of European diseases on the Native Americans was devestating. Since the Natives did not have inumtiey to the diseases most of the native American population got wipped out. Many people hold Colombus responible for the "American Holocust."4. Colombus' discovery contributed to the modern concept of progress in a way that helped encourage visions of a "perfect future." it made people realize that they can live with freedon & not just stay in the past. That they can move on and good things will come out of it.
nate castaneda1 the reason that it was celebrated different is because of the fact that millons of indians called it a day of mourning.2 some results in the meeting of the two worlds were the tradeing of food and eventualy disease that the native americans were not immune to witch caused them to wipe out.3 the impact of european disease on the indians was first of negative. also the impact on the native americans caused them to almost completly wipe out. and later the americans took controll.4 it contributed to the modern concept of progress by forming america
1. people have started to changed there outlook on christopher columbus2.the native americans started to trade with the europeans 3.the indains started to die from the diseaes because they were not amune4.he had introduced things to the indain that they havn't seen before
1. The 400th anniversary he was consider someone who did good by carreing Christian civilization across the Atlantic Ocean. And in the 500th anniversary he was consider for killing 50-90% of the Indean population.2. New foods, and opened up a world wide trade.3. Native Americans had no natural imunity to the european diseases, and the caused them to catch it on contact. 50-90% of Natives Americans died to deseases.4. It was a start of a great nation, with freedom of beleifs.
1. The 500th anniversary was treated differently because over time as more things happened in history, such as: disease, and slave trade, people began to wonder if Columbus was a hero, or a man responsible for many deaths. 2. Some results were new foods were introduced to both hemispheres, global trade, natural enviorments were changed, and there were many deaths caused by disease and illnesses. 3. Native Americans didn't have the natural immunities to fight the diseases brought over to the New World. The illnesses reduced there population greatly. This made the fewer Indians left needing to work more and harder. 4. Columbus' discovery contributes to modern concept of progress because he introduced us to Eurpeans culture, brought in different foods and traditions,and started global trading.
Post a Comment